The best salad combo
This blueberry and lemon poppyseed salad is really delicious. The combination of sweet blueberries and creamy lemon poppyseed dressing is perfect. This salad recipe is hearty, healthy and nutritious. It has cruciferous Brussels sprouts and kale, hydrating cucumbers and celery, and crunchy peppers and cabbage. The lentils give this salad a plant-based protein and iron punch to make it a healthy meal. This blog post contains affiliate links and I may receive commission from your purchase, thanks for supporting my work.
Lemon poppyseed dressing was always a favorite dressing in restaurants that I worked at. It is sweet, creamy and tangy. I wanted to both veganize the classic and also make it with less sugar. This one is made with plain vegan yogurt and a touch of maple syrup to sweeten it up. It is healthier and lower in calories and sugar than a store-bought lemon poppyseed dressing. This dressing is amazing for this salad and goes incredibly well with blueberries.
Ingredients for Blueberry and Lemon Poppyseed Salad
This salad has a few ingredients that pack a powerful nutrition and flavor punch.
- brussels sprouts
- red cabbage
- persian cucumbers
- yellow bell pepper
The dressing is easy to make. You can use any plain vegan yogurt that you like.
- plain vegan yogurt
- maple syrup
- black pepper
How to Make Blueberry and Lemon Poppyseed Salad
This salad is so simple to make! It is a no cook recipe so it is perfect for summer when it is hot or any time of year that you want a quick and easy meal.
- Wash and chop the vegetables and put them in a large mixing bowl
- Make the dressing by wishing the ingredients
- Mix the dressing with the salad and eat within 3 days
Tips for making the best salad
- Use a sharp knife! Sharp knives make produce stay fresh longer because they are less damaged in the cutting process.
- If Brussels sprouts aren't your thing, substitute green cabbage.
- If you don't like kale, you can sub out a less hardy green like lettuce or spinach. However, do not pre-dress the salad because those other greens will wilt too much.
- You may sub your favorite protein for the lentils.
Other Delicious Salads
Blueberry and Lemon Poppyseed Salad
- 10 brussels sprouts shredded
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded
- 1 15 oz can lentils drained
- 1 cup blueberries washed
- 2 cups kale
- 3 persian cucumbers chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 cup plain vegan yogurt
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp poppyseeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper
- In a large bowl add cabbage, kale, celery, cucumbers, bell peppers, lentils and blueberries.
- Make dressing by combining yogurt, poppyseeds, pure maple syrup, salt and pepper and whisk until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- Eat within 3 days for best taste.