The best tahini dressing
This creamy lemon tahini dressing recipe is sure to be a favorite. It is tangy, nutty, slightly sweet and pairs perfectly with salads or roasted vegetables. Pour it over falafels or crispy chickpeas. It the best way to eat tahini. This dressing goes with my Crispy Chickpea Chopped Salad.
What is tahini?
Tahini is a ground paste of sesame seeds. It's used in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean foods. Tahini adds a nutty flavor to any dish and has a decadent creaminess. I use tahini in my plant-based recipes because it makes foods creamy without dairy. Tahini is very healthy and has about the same nutritional stats as peanut butter.
My favorite tahini
I have tried many brands of tahini over the years but my favorite is Mighty Sesame Tahini. The reasons I love Mighty Sesame Tahini are numerous. I use their tahini exclusively. This creamy lemon tahini recipe was developed with sponsorship from the brand.
- Mighty Sesame Co Tahini is always runny and pourable. Many brands' tahinis separate which leaves the sesame paste hard and unusable. This never happens with Mighty Sesame. As a result, Mighty Sesame Co makes the creamiest dressings and sauces.
- Mighty Sesame comes in a perfectly sized and functional package. Because it is a squeeze bottle it is very easy to use. Use last drops by simply storing the bottle upside down. This leaves minimal waste.
- The price point is right on. With other brands, half of the container is often unusable due to caking factor. Because tahini prices vary wildly per ounce Mighty Sesame is always the best buy since there is no waste
- Mighty Sesame is Vegan, Organic and only contains 1 ingredient. JUST ONE! I love that there is nothing extra in there.
Ingredients for Creamy Lemon Tahini Dressing
This tahini dressing recipe only has 6 ingredients but tastes delicious because it uses the best sesame tahini.
- Mighty Sesame Tahini
- Garlic Powder (fresh garlic if you prefer)
- Maple Syrup
How do you make Tahini Dressing?
This dressing is so easy to make because you just mix the ingredients!
- First, add the 6 ingredients to a bowl and whisk until smooth. Use a blender instead if you prefer.
- Last, toss into salads or drizzle over falafels
What to serve with Creamy Lemon Tahini Dressing
This easy dressing is great for salads in place of creamy dairy dressings. It pairs with Middle Eastern and Mediterranean flavors like cumin, garlic and coriander. Drizzle this creamy wonder on falafels, fritters or kebabs. I use it on my favorite crispy chickpeas. Even omnivores will appreciate the distinctive and decadent flavor of this Creamy Lemon Tahini Dressing.
Other Delicious Tahini Recipes
If you like this creamy lemon tahini recipe, I recommend checking out these others.
- Crispy Chickpea Chopped Salad
- Creamy Tahini Lime Slaw
- Creamy Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Sesame Noodles Salad
Creamy Lemon Tahini Dressing
- ½ cup sesame tahini
- ¼ cup water
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- In a small bowl add tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and maple syrup. Whisk until smooth.