These crispy smashed potatoes are the perfect side dish or snack. They are crispy, seasoned to perfection and totally crave worthy. I made this recipe in a paid partnership with Mala Girl Broths using their product Sparkle Salt. As always, I only share products that I believe in from companies with ethics that jive with mine. Read more about Mala Girl here.
I made these Crispy Smashed Potatoes with multicolored baby potatoes. This is because I am obsessed with purple food! If you cannot find these, any baby potato will do. If baby potatoes are not available, use a larger size however you should cut them in half. The important thing is to par-boil them, bake them and then smash them before baking again. This makes more surface area for crisping!
I use olive oil in this recipe. Don't worry that the olive oil will burn. In my experience a good quality olive oil will not burn at 400 degrees. If you choose to variate, I recommend avocado as a second choice of oils. Many people also use vegan butter for extra crispiness.
The Mala Girl Broths Sparkle Salt is the essential seasoning for these Crispy Smashed Potatoes. This spice blend contains Himalayan Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper and Cacao butter. I always use salt and pepper in any recipe, so the sparkle salt cuts out a step for me. The cacao butter gives it a little extra fat which helps to crisp up and season these drool worthy potatoes.
Tahini compliments these Crispy Smashed Potatoes perfectly. Afterwards a sprinkle of red onion, green onion and cilantro is the icing on the cake. Eat these as a side on the holidays or to make any dinner more special. I could eat the whole pan as a meal!
Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- pot, sheet pan
- 3 lb baby potatoes multicolor
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Sparkle Salt
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 2 tsp red onion diced small
- 2 tsp green onion diced small
- 2 tsp cilantro chopped
- Wash and boil baby potatoes for 10 minutes in a pot
- Drain well then put on a sheet pan
- Drizzle olive oil, and sparkle salt and toss well until potatoes are coated.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven, flip potatoes, smash them gently with the back of a fork
- Return to oven for an additional 15 minutes
- Remove from oven then drizzle with Tahini and sprinkle with red onion, green onion and cilantro