The Best Creamy Yogurt Sauce
This Vegan Cucumber Yogurt Sauce recipe is so creamy and delicious. It is sweet, tangy and refreshing. The secret to addictive yogurt dip that is not sour is using both plain vegan yogurt and vegan sour cream. When the two are combined it produces a thick and creamy yogurt sauce that is slightly sweet and delicious.
What is Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Cucumber yogurt sauce is a thick and creamy dip containing yogurt, cucumbers, lemons, garlic and herbs. It is amazing with pita bread or chips to dip. This recipe was inspired by the Mediterranean dip, tatziki.
This cucumber yogurt sauce has only 8 ingredients! I like Persian cucumbers for this recipe because they have seeds without an unpleasant texture and they produce less water than many other varieties. If you cannot find these mini cucumbers, use regular ones but I recommend deseeding. This will prevent your cucumber yogurt sauce dip from being too watery.
- plain vegan yogurt (I used Kite Hill brand)
- vegan sour cream (I used Tofutti brand)
- maple syrup
- italian seasoning
- fresh parsley (mint is a great sub here)
How to make Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
This recipe comes together in a flash! Simply chop and mix and it's ready to eat!
- Chop cucumbers into tiny cubes and put in a large bowl
- Add Vegan Yogurt and Sour cream
- Add lemon juice, maple syrup, salt, and herbs
- Mix until combined
- Eat within 3 days
What to eat with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
This dip is delightful with pita bread or in a sandwich. It works well in any place you would use ranch dressing as a dip or salad topper. Cucumber yogurt sauce is a welcome addition to any mezze platter or charcuterie board.
Vegan Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- 3 Persian Cucumbers
- 1 cup Plain Vegan Yogurt
- ½ cup Vegan Sour Cream
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 lemon squeezed
- In a bowl add cucumbers, garlic, yogurt, sour cream, lemon, maple syrup, salt and herbs.
- Mix until well combined with a fork or spoon
- Chill and eat within 3 days.