This Spicy Vegan Cauliflower Curry Recipe with potatoes and peas is sure to hit any Indian curry lover's sweet spot. It has hearty potatoes, nutritious cauliflower and sweet peas swimming in a heavily spiced curry gravy. Cauliflower is the perfect vehicle to deliver the spicy curry sauce and potatoes soak up the flavors like a sponge. Serve this with some rice or naan bread for a filling and comforting meal. And don't skimp on the cilantro! It is the perfect addition to this spicy vegan potato curry. I serve mine with a little drizzle of plant based yogurt to offset the spicy sauce. But even without it, this Spicy Vegan Cauliflower Curry Recipe with potatoes and peas is fabulous.
Spicy Vegan Cauliflower Curry
- 5 potatoes medium size, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 onion 1 small yellow, diced
- ½ head cauliflower cut in florets
- 3 tomatoes diced
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds,
- 2 tbsp curry powder,
- ¼ tsp chili flakes (optional)
- ½ tsp teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp garam masala,
- ½ tsp coriander,
- 2 tbsp tomato paste,
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- In a wok or large skillet, start by frying potatoes in oil and cook for 5 mins stirring often so the potatoes begin to brown.
- Then add 3 cloves garlic minced, 2 inch finger ginger minced, ½ a yellow onion and cook 10 minutes sttirring often so paotatoes do not stick
- Push the potatoes to the side and add cumin seeds and cook for 1 minute until sputtering then mix into the potatoes.
- Then add cauliflower and chopped tomatoes and cook for 2-3 mins until they release their juices.
- Add water, curry powder, tomato paste, garam masala, coriander, smoked paprika, chili flakes and frozen peas, bring to a boil then simmer about 15 minutes until potatoes are fork tender and the sauce has thickened into a spicy curry gravy.
- Serve with rice, more chili flakes, black pepper and cilantro and drizzle with cashew yogurt