Believe the hype
This Rainbow Summer Mediterranean Salad is to die for. The combination of different tastes, textures and colors is breathtaking. Some people see my salads and think they are too complicated for a home cook. Composing gorgeous, show stopping rainbow salads is not mutually exclusive to being a pro chef. You only need the most colorful and seasonal produce items you can find and 20 minutes to love them up. Although I think of myself as Salad Queen, the true Belle of the ball is Mother Nature with her her perfectly designed gown of exquiste and vibrant offerings.
Chopping, roasting and food combining are not brain surgery. Just a little know how will go a long way. You can execute a masterful rainbow salad that will mystify your friends and family with it's beauty. It is possible to eat food that looks and tastes incredible and also provides your body with the nutrients and fiber that will make you feel your best. Like this Rainbow Summer Mediterranean Salad!
In this recipe, I utilize my favorite method for easy, oven roasted peppers. Although a chargrill would produce more impressive results, the oven can be used year round. It is a hands off approach which makes it easier for home cooks. Sheet pan roasted veggies is one of the hacks that I use to eat well while being a working Mom.
Simply dressed is always best. Especially for a salad with many layers of flavors like this Rainbow Summer Mediterranean Salad. Extra virgin olive oil, squeezed lemon, salt, fresh ground pepper and herbs are quick, easy, and make the ingredients pop. There is no need to drown this flavor bomb in a calorie and preservative laden commercial dressing. The peaches and roasted peppers lend sweetness better than any added sugars. Garden to fork has never tasted better.
Rainbow Summer Mediterranean Salad
- sheet pan
- 2 heads romaine chopped
- 2 ea peaches sliced
- 1 can hearts of palm drained and cut in rings
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ head red cabbage shredded
- 6 ea sweet baby bell peppers
- 10 ea calamata olives halved
- ¼ ea red onion sliced
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ea lemons squeezed
- 1 ea avocado peeled and
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 ea black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 and place whole baby bells on a sheet pan and roast for 15 mins turning once halfway then put aside to cool while preparing other ingredients
- Put romaine in large mixing bowl with peaches , hearts of palm, cherry tomatoes, red cabbage calamatas and red onions
- When peppers are cooled remove stems and large seeds and slice lengthwise and add to bowl then drizzle with olive oil, squeeze lemons, sprinkle with sea salt and copious ground black pepper. Mix with hands until all is distributed and dressed well.
- Garnish with fresh mint, fresh oregano, avocado slices, salt and black pepper
Leave a Reply