Healthy Summer Salad
This Avocado-Berry Gamora Salad from Dole is delicious! It's an original Marvel-inspired recipe that is part of the “Dole Healthy Heroes, Unite!” campaign. This initiative encourages everyday heroes to continue their impactful leadership and healthy living. I'm so happy to share their healthy recipe. For more information and more Marvel-inspired recipes, head to Dole's website. Dole has provided me with product samples and prize merchandise for the purpose of this post, plus compensation for my time. All opinions expressed are mine.
Dole Healthy Heroes, Assemble
If you know an everyday Super Hero who impacts your family or community in a positive way, enter them to win Dole's celebrate Super Heroes Contest! Just read and follow these directions and for the full contest details click here.
- Post a picture or video of your -or someone else's - superpower on Instagram and Twitter or comment on Facebook
- Caption how the superpower gives back in the community (if nominating, don't forget to tag them to be entered!)
- Tag @Dole and use the contest hashtags #CelebrateSuperHeroes and #Contest
It's that simple!
Dole's Healthy Recipes
When Dole asked me to partner with them on this campaign I was thrilled. I was especially eager after I checked out the website's collection of healthy recipes. There are several beautiful and healthy vegan recipes as well as omnivore options to choose from utilizing fresh Dole produce. It took me no time at all to select the Avocado-Berry Gamora Salad because of it's attractive presentation. It has so many of my favorite things and I knew my readers would enjoy it.
Avocado-Berry Gamora Salad
This salad is super fresh and summery. The combination of sweet and tart is sensational. I love that there is no added sugar. Just natural raspberries and medjool dates sweeten this easy blender dressing. The pink color is gorgeous! This salad really couldn't be easier to make. The only chopping needed is to quarter the strawberries. Toasting the nuts in a pan is super quick and simple. You are going to love this easy and healthy summer salad.
Ingredients for Avocado-Berry Gamora Salad
The ingredients list for this salad is short and healthy. Although the ingredients are available at the market year round but this salad has a decidedly summery vibe!
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 pitted Medjool date
- ½ DOLE® Lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- ½ cup DOLE® Raspberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ripe DOLE® Avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 bag (5 ounces) DOLE® 50-50 Blend
- 1 cup quartered DOLE® Strawberries
- ½ cup DOLE® Blueberries
How to make Avocado-Berry Gamora Salad
This salad really couldn't be easier or quicker to make! Because there are only 3 easy steps this is a great recipe for a beginner.
- Toast walnuts and almonds in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant, stirring frequently; transfer to a plate to cool.
- Purée date, lemon juice, raspberries, oil, salt and 2 tablespoons water in a blender on high until smooth; transfer to a large bowl. Fold in avocado, 50-50 blend, strawberries and blueberries. Makes about 6 cups.
- Serve salad sprinkled with walnut mixture.
Leave a Reply