This dairy-free and nut-free, Vegan, Creamy Garlic and Vegetable Fettucine is comfort food at it's finest. If you love creamy pasta dishes but dairy does you wrong, this recipe is for you! It has just a handful of flavorful ingredients but it's nutrition abounds. Perfect for wintertime, this is a stick to yer ribs kind of meal.
The sauce itself is made from pureeing white beans with water and Sparkle Salt. Sparkle salt is a Mala Girl product that is made from salt, pepper and cocoa butter. For another recipe featuring Sparkle Salt click here. You can pick some up here. Alternately, substitute regular salt and a pat of vegan butter while the sauce is simmering for some extra creaminess. Although it is Dairy-free, Nut-free and Vegan, this sauce is uber creamy, delicious and allergen friendly.
Although the sauce is mild, the other ingredients in this vegan creamy pasta recipe have major flavor. The garlic is toasty and fragrant, the butternut is sweet and the paprika is smoky. The green veggies balance the creaminess. I love how the sauce clings to the baby broccoli florets to deliver maximum satisfaction.
I use fettuccine in this dish because the rich vegan cream sauce clings to the long flat noodles so well. Rotini would be a great alternative since the sauce would be great tucked into the spiral nooks. Whatever pasta you choose, this Creamy Garlic and Vegetable Fettucine Recipe is sure to be a hit with your family. I know it is with mine!
Creamy Garlic and Vegetable Fettucine
- sauce pot, saute pan
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 can butter beans
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp sparkle salt by Mala Girl Broths or use ½ tsp salt
- Black pepper to your tastes
- Red pepper flakes optional
- 1 zuchinni sliced in rounds
- 1 bunch broccolini chopped
- 1 pound fettucine
- Put on pasta water to boil and cook on back burner while making the sauce
- Heat a deep sauté pan on medium heat with oil then add the butternut squash. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until the butternut starts to brown on the edges.
- Move the butternut to one side of the pan and add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant
- Season the butternut with smoked paprika then mix the garlic and butternut together and cook stirring often for 2-3 minutes then add the zucchini and cook for 2-3 more. Season with black pepper to your liking
- Meanwhile in a high speed blender combine the butter beans, water and sparkle salt and blend until smooth.
- Add blended creamy bean mixture to pan with the vegetables and bring to a boil stirring often for 2-3 minutes Add red pepper flakes if using.
- Add the broccolini and cover the pan and let steam it the sauce as it thickens for 3 minutes
- Add cooked pasta to the pan and toss well.
- Serve with more black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes if you like.