This Vegan Holiday Chocolate Bark is easy to make, super festive and really delicious. It features homemade sunflower seed butter, it's vegan, and nut-free. It's unbelievable how simple it is to make. This gorgeous Holiday Dessert will impress your family and friends. It is the perfect dessert to bring to a Holiday gathering.
I developed this recipe in paid partnership with the NutraMilk. The NutraMilk is a genius kitchen appliance that makes homemade nut milks and butters. I wanted to make a dessert that was allergen friendly, so I could take it to my own Holiday gatherings. That is why I made homemade sunflower butter to go in this recipe. It was super easy with the Nutramilk requiring only one ingredient: sunflower seeds! You may buy pre-made sun-butter if you like, but if nut butters are something you consume alot of, I highly recommend purchasing the NutraMilk.
I used vegan chocolate in this Holiday Chocolate Bark. Melting vegan chocolate is as simple as putting it in a bowl and microwaving it in 40 second intervals to avoid burning. Oil is added to improve the texture and make it smooth and super drippy. I used Wild Groves Chocolate Olive Oil but you may use coconut oil or plain olive oil. Just be sure that the oil you use will harden when cold. For 20% off Wild Groves use code Betterfood20 at checkout.
To make this nut-free Vegan Chocolate Bark more festive for the Holidays, I added goji berries, dried berry mix and coconut flakes. I added Flax seeds for some more crunch and texture. Other additions that would be delicious are sesame seeds, sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds. The things that make it beautiful, also give it some nutrition.
This easy dessert is perfect for someone who doesn't make desserts. It is simple, has very few ingredients and measuring perfectly is not a necessity for it's success. I will surely be making variations on this Vegan Holiday Chocolate Bark for years to come. It was such a hit for the whole family and honestly was prepared so quickly and easy that it is shocking.
Vegan Holiday Chocolate Bark
- 16 oz Vegan Chocolate
- 1 cup Sunflower Butter
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut flakes
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp Dried berry mix
- 1 Tbsp Goji berries
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Put sunflower butter in a bowl with 2 tsp olive oil and cinnamon and mix well
- Put vegan Chocolate in a bowl and microwave in 40 second increments, stirring well in between rounds. Once melted add 2 tsp olive oil and mix well
- Spread Parchment paper on a sheet pan and pour the melted vegan chocolate in the middle. Spread it in a thin layer with a spatula.
- Drizzle the sunflower butter over the chocolate and with a skewer or toothpick swirl them together attractively.
- Lastly sprinkle the flax seeds, goji berries, dried berry mix and coconut flakes.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes and then separate the chocolate from the parchment. Cut or break into desired sizes. Store in the refrigerator covered.