Easy Kale and Quinoa Salad
Fresh, healthy and vibrant Mediterranean kale and quinoa salad. Full of flavor and nutrition with a creamy green goddess dressing.
- 2 cups quinoa cooked and chilled
- 1 cup lacinato kale chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded
- 10 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 10 green olives halved
- 6 oz arugula
- 1 avocado peeled and seeded
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 1 orange squeezed
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ea black pepper to taste
Prepare the quinoa according to the box. When cooked set aside to cool. For a Cooking Quinoa Tutorial read this.
Put chopped kale, diced celery, grated carrot, shredded red cabbage, quartered cherry tomatoes and halved green olives and cooked and cooled quinoa in a large bowl and set aside.
To a high speed blender add arugula, peeled and pitted avocado, squeezed lemon and orange, white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
Add finished dressing to to bowl of salad and mix well until all is combined.
Calories: 372kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 8gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gSodium: 508mgPotassium: 974mgFiber: 10gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 5029IUVitamin C: 86mgCalcium: 160mgIron: 3mg