Are you looking for something different to bring vibrant color to your snacking repertoire? Look no further. This easy beet hummus recipe is the perfect compliment to any crudité or snack board or a bright, flavorful afternoon pick me up. Regular hummus has a flawless flavor profile but this easy beet hummus gorgeous hue kicks it up several notches.
This Easy Beet Hummus recipe checks all the boxes. It is easy, quick, and fairly cheap to make. Like all my recipes, I encourage tasting as you go. Adjust the flavors to match your particular likes and dislikes. For example, when tasting hummus, the dominant flavors are lemon, garlic, salt and tahini. They elevate and make the creamy chickpeas pop. The earthy undertone of cumin with just slightly warm the dip. Perhaps you like a more lemony dip, so give yourself permission to add more. This is the best way to cook, by experimenting and tasting. Whether you follow the recipe to a T or bring some jazz, this beet hummus will be your new favorite snack.
Hummus is a great recipe to play with. Adding boiled beets is just the beautiful tip of the iceberg. Try adding easy beet hummus to a sandwich or on your morning bagel to really jazz it up. What a great way to sneak some veggies into your kids or yourself. Hummus has never been so beautiful.
Easy Beet Hummus
- small pot
- high speed blender or food processor
- 1 red beet large
- 3 garlic cloves
- 30 0z chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 2 lemons juiced
- 5 tablespoons tahini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds
- in a small pot add the beet and enough water to cover and boil for 15-20 minutes until beet is soft. Then run under cool water and peel the beet. The peel comes right off when cooked this way.
- Put beet, garlic, chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, salt, and cumin into the blender and blend until smooth and creamy. You may add a bit more oil or even water if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- When serving, drizzle a little more olive oil on top and garnish with sesame seeds or everything but the bagel seasoning for the ultimate in dipping.