The best creamy Autumn Fettuccine recipe
This dairy-free and nut-free, Vegan, Creamy Autumn Fettuccine is delicious Fall comfort food at it's finest. If you love creamy pasta dishes but dairy does you wrong, this recipe is for you! It has just a handful of flavorful ingredients but it's nutrition abounds. Perfect for Fall and wintertime, this is a stick to yer ribs kind of meal.
The sauce itself is made from pureeing white beans with water and salt. Although it is Dairy-free, Nut-free and Vegan, this sauce is uber creamy, delicious and allergen friendly. I love challenging myself to create creamy dishes without using plant milks, nuts or tofu. This one is actually made with bean "milk" which sounds a little gross but works perfectly to creat a protein rich and creamy, vegan pasta sauce.
Although the sauce is mild, the other ingredients in this vegan creamy autumn fettuccine recipe have major flavor. The garlic is toasty and fragrant, the butternut is sweet and the paprika is smoky. The green veggies balance the creaminess. I love how the sauce clings to the baby broccoli florets to deliver maximum satisfaction.
I use fettuccine in this dish because the rich vegan cream sauce clings to the long flat noodles so well. Rotini would be a great alternative since the sauce would be great tucked into the spiral nooks. Whatever pasta you choose, this Autumn pasta recipe is sure to be a hit with your family. I know it is with mine!
Ingredients for Creamy Autumn Fettuccine
- extra virgin olive oil
- garlic cloves
- butternut squash
- smoked paprika
- butter beans
- Black pepper
- Red pepper flakes optional
- vegan butter optional
Other Vegan Pasta Recipes
Creamy Autumn Fettuccine
- sauce pot, saute pan
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 can butter beans
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- Black pepper to your tastes
- Red pepper flakes optional
- 1 zuchinni sliced in rounds
- 1 bunch broccolini chopped
- 1 pound fettucine
- 1 tbsp vegan butter optional
- Put on pasta water to boil and cook on back burner while making the sauce
- Heat a deep sauté pan on medium heat with oil then add the butternut squash. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until the butternut starts to brown on the edges.
- Move the butternut to one side of the pan and add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant
- Season the butternut with smoked paprika then mix the garlic and butternut together and cook stirring often for 2-3 minutes then add the zucchini and cook for 2-3 more. Season with black pepper to your liking
- Meanwhile in a high speed blender combine the butter beans, water and salt and blend until smooth.
- Add blended creamy bean mixture to pan with the vegetables and bring to a boil stirring often for 2-3 minutes Add red pepper flakes if using.
- Add the broccolini and cover the pan and let steam it the sauce as it thickens for 3 minutes
- Add cooked pasta to the pan and toss well. Add vegan butter id desired.
- Serve with more black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes if you like.
Leave a Reply